Not sure we should be giving all our secrets away, but our awesome cake baker Jane wanted to share a couple of recipes with you. Banana bread is a firm favourite in her family, and here is her top recipe
Ingredients: 225g whole wheat or plain flour (authors tip, this would also work with gluten free flour)
2 ripe bananas
1 teaspoon salt
2teaspoons baking powder
4 tablespoons plain yoghurt
250g brown sugar (or half white, half brown sugar)
115 g butter
- Beat the butter and sugar together thoroughly, beat in the egg
- Mash the bananas and mix them in
- Sift the flour and baking powder. Add salt
- Mix half the yoghurt into the mixture. Then half the flour. Then the rest of the yoghurt and flour mix.
- Grease a standard loaf tin, approx. 25 cm, and put the mixture in.
- Place the tin into a preheated oven at 180°, bake for approx. an hour.