Here is the recipe Lynn uses for her Anzac biscuits that you can buy on our site ( you can also buy the syrup, baking soda and the brown sugar from us) :
- 100 g butter
- 2 TBSP golden syrup (see recipe note 1)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 cup flour
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 2 TBSP warm water
- Pre heat the oven to 180°C/350°F.
- Add butter & golden syrup to a medium saucepan and melt over a medium heat.
- Add sugars, oats, coconut and flour and mix together.
- In a small bowl mix together baking soda and warm water, add to the pot and combine.
- Roll the cookie dough into ball about 1 tablespoon in size and place on a lined baking tray.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until biscuits are golden brown.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes on the tray, then transfer to a cooling rack.
- Store in an airtight container for 1 week.
With thanks to the Kiwi country girl where Lynn got the recipe from (Anzac Biscuits | The Kiwi Country Girl)
Another of Lynn’s favourite recipes which always go down well when she brings them to Church are these Thai Chicken Skewers which you can find on the BBC goof food site: Thai chicken skewers recipe – BBC Good Food